- PDL set to announce a 14th consecutive year of profitable growth. The company is expected to post record year end results at the end of May 2013 showing a ca. 30% increase in turnover and a ca. 100% increase in net profit.
- PDL attend All Energy 2013 Conference and Exhibition at the AECC in Aberdeen on the 22nd May 2013.
- PDL attend the NOF Energy Premier Oil event at the Templeton Hotel in Templepatrick on the 17th May 2013.
- PDL attend the NOF Energy Annual Supplier Day at Newcastle United Football Club on the 16th May 2013.
- PDL attend the British Valves and Actuators Association (BVAA) annual conference at the Celtic Manor Resort in Newport on the 14th-15th May 2013.
- PDL join the British Valves and Actuators Association (BVAA). PDL to use the BVAA as a platform to provide complementary Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Flow Assurance (FAS) support to the valve and actuator manufacturing and distribution companies within the BVAA membership.
- PDL awarded a BEL Valves contract extension. The contract award will see PDL engineers continue to provide complementary engineering design, FEA, CFD and Flow Assurance (FAS) support to the BEL Valves project engineering and R&D teams throughout 2013.
- PDL consortium awarded an ERDF funded Renewable Energy Technology Accelerator (RETA) project. The consortia, consisting of Technalia, JDR Cables and PDL, will embark on the co-development of a smart cable that will provide an improved lifecycle costing model for renewable energy offshore power networks. The project will be managed on behalf of the ERDF and the DCLG by the National Renewable Energy Centre (NAREC).
- BSI Management Systems external audit recommends continued accreditation of the PDL Quality Management System (QMS) to the ISO 9001:2008 international standard for a 9th consecutive year.
- PDL appoint Aegis Safety Consultancy as the retained competent person in preparation for the initial assessment of the PDL health and safety management system to the OHSA 18001 standard.
- PDL awarded CatalySystems contract. PDL engineers to provide advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis support to the CatalySystems board on the prototype catalytic reactor development project.
- PDL awarded a significant contract from FMC Technologies. The contract will see up to 6 PDL engineers provide complementary FEA support to the FMC Technologies engineering team on 13 major subsea development projects throughout 2013.
- PDL attend the Decom North Sea Offshore 2013 event at the AECC in Aberdeen on the 27th March 2013.
- PDL attend the MCE Deepwater Development Conference at the Novotel World Forum Hotel in Den Haag on the 18th-20th March 2013.
- PDL attend the NOF Energy Annual Conference 2013 at the Hilton Hotel in Gateshead on the 13th and 14th March 2013.
- PDL attend the Southern North Sea (SNS) 2013 Conference at the Royal Norfolk Showground in Norwich on the 5th and 6th March 2013.
- PDL awarded Forum Energy Technologies (FET) contract. The contract will see PDL provide complementary Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) engineering support to the FET trenching team through to the end of Q2 2013.
- Henry Bell House starts to take shape. The renovation of the second PDL office and grade II listed building in Hexham is well underway. First fixes for the plumbing and electrics are complete and things are starting to be put back onto the walls. It makes for exciting times ahead!
- PDL chair the Subsea North East (SSNE) Research & Technology (R&T) theme steering group meeting at OP.
- PDL host a delegation from Petrofac Malaysia and Dunlop Oil & Marine to review the preliminary findings on the Petrofac West Dessaru project.
- PDL to explore a joint development with GL Noble Denton to establish a robust way to determine the low frequency damping coefficient of mooring lines on semi-submersible drilling rigs using advanced CFD means.
- Senior PDL representatives attend the Nuclear Industries Association (NIA) working group meeting at The Copthorne Hotel in Newcastle on the 23rd February 2013.
- PDL attend the NOF Energy OGN Group event at the Hardwick Hall Hotel in Sedgefield on the 23rd February 2013.
- PDL attend the Subsea 2013 Conference and Exhibition at the AECC in Aberdeen on the 6th and 7th February 2013.
- Senior PDL representatives support the Newcastle Gateshead Initiative sponsored debate at The Malmaisson Hotel in Aberdeen on the 5th February 2013. The debate will explore ways and means of developing even closer links between the Aberdeen and North East of England business communities.
- PDL head over to Norway. PDL engineers join representatives from Statoil, FMC Technologies and Oil States Industries to successfully close-out a 4 year programme to develop an advanced FEA methodology to determine the structural capacity of a riser system in tension and bending in accordance with the ISO-13628-7 norm.
- PDL attend the Decom North Sea lunch and learn event at The Palm Court Hotel in Aberdeen on the 30th January 2013.
- PDL attend the NOF Energy Talisman Energy event at the Hilton Treetops Hotel in Aberdeen on the 24th January 2013.
- PDL attend the joint NOF Energy and Decom North Sea CNRI event at The Hardwick Hall Hotel in Sedgefield on the 17th January 2013.
- PDL launch an enhanced flow assurance CFD analysis capability to help subsea system and equipment suppliers understand and address the localised issues associated with the subsea processing of multiphase fluids.
- PDL awarded BEL Valves contract extension. PDL engineers to continue to provide complementary engineering support to the BEL Valves R&D and engineering teams throughout 2013.
- PDL awarded DUCO contract extension. PDL engineers to provide continued high-end Abaqus finite element analysis support to the DUCO R&D team in 2013.
- PDL invited to join the Subsea North East (SSNE) executive group. The SSNE remit is to promote the subsea capability located within the North East of England region.
- PDL look set to achieve a 14th consecutive year of profitable growth. Half year results to the end of November 2012 and a strong forward order book indicate that the Company will grow by a further 30% in the current financial year ending the 31st May 2013.
- PDL awarded IHC Engineering Business (IHC EB) contract extension. The contract extension through to the end of 2013 reinforces the success and the value of the close and complementary working relationship that has been established between PDL and IHC EB over the past 5 years.
- PDL win Dunlop Oil & Marine (DOM) order. PDL engineers to provide advanced OrcaFlex global dynamic analysis support to the DOM engineering team on the Petrofac West Desaru WSS Flexible Jumper project in Malaysia.
- PDL win OSBIT Power (OP) order. PDL engineers to provide complementary FEA support to the OP engineering team on the MaXccess project.
- PDL engineers complete 2 years of close and highly commended Project Engineering Support (PES) activity at DUCO.
- PDL attend the SUT AGM and Annual Dinner at The Marcliffe of Pitfodels Hotel in Aberdeen.
- PDL attend the NOF Energy Annual Awards Dinner at The Hardwick Hall Hotel in Sedgefield.
- PDL make a significant investment in High Performance Computing (HPC) capability to increase the overall analysis capacity and reduce the analysis lead times.
- PDL win multiple SMD orders. PDL engineers to provide further complementary high-end FEA, CFD and OrcaFlex analysis support to the mining and renewable energy business units at SMD.
- Henry Bell House redevelopment plans given the green light. Conservation officers have approved the redevelopment plans for the second PDL office in Hexham. The plans will see the Grade II listed building house transformed to house up to 26 people and provide state of the art conference room facilities.
- Paul Charlton voted onto the DECOM North Sea Board. PDL Chief Executive Officer, Paul Charlton, has been voted onto the DECOM North Sea Board of Directors at the DECOM North Sea AGM held at The Fairmont Hotel in St. Andrews.
- PDL win Shell framework agreement. PDL engineers will provide advanced FEA and CFD analysis support to the Shell UK engineering team on the Brent Decommissioning project.
- PDL win BEL Valves order. PDL engineers to provide complementary FEA support to the BEL Valves engineering team on the BP Shah Deniz project.
- PDL invest in additional ANSYS AutoDYN mine blast analysis capability and training. PDL engineers to undergo a 3 day intensive training programme at the ANSYS AutoDYN training centre in Horsham.
- PDL attracts Durham University’s finest! Elizabeth Waterman, Stuart Rich and Peter Ward join the PDL engineering team having graduated with a Masters degree from the prestigious School of Engineering and Computing Science at Durham University in June of this year.
- PDL sign a memorandum of understanding with Mott MacDonald. PDL and Mott MacDonald will collaborate on the development of an advanced 3D CFD modelling capability that will provide wind farm developers and financial institutions with an increased insight into the effects of complex terrains on the predicted energy yield values for onshore and offshore wind farm sites.
- PDL win CTC Marine Projects contract. PDL engineers to provide structural engineering and marine operations support to the CTC engineering team on the Greater Gabbard Cable Deployment project.
- PDL awarded NDSL contract. PDL engineers to provide advanced CFD analysis support to the NDSL engineering team on the Dounreay RHILW Stores project.
- PDL awarded a significant TECHNIP contract. PDL engineers will provide advanced finite element analysis support to the DUCO Technology Development Team throughout 2011.
- PDL attend the Subsea NE conference in Newton Aycliffe. The conference will focus on export opportunities for UK companies in Brazil and Nigeria.
- PDL invited to join a special interest Offshore Renewables Group. The Offshore Renewables Group will ensure that the significant capabilities of companies located within the North East of England are presented in a coherent manner to ensure that the region plays a pivotal role in national and international offshore renewable projects.
- 2011 was another record year. Financial results for the year ending May 2011 show a 38% increase in turnover and 140% increase in net profit. Further growth in sales and net profits are expected over the next 12 months in-line with the strategic business objectives.
- PDL invest in Abaqus software and training. PDL engineers attend a 5 day intensive Abaqus training course at the PDL office in Hexham.
- PDL present a technical paper at the ANSYS Renewable energy conference in East Kilbride. The paper provides an insight into the development of an advanced 3D subsea site characterisation tool capable of identifying these most productive locations for subsea tidal turbine deployment.
- PDL attend the All Energy 2011 conference and exhibition at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC).
- PDL attend the Magnox Supplier Forum event in Llandudno to hear about the near term work plans for the Magnox sites.
- BSI Management Systems external auditors award the PDL Quality Management System a clean bill of health at the 3 year strategic review. The PDL QMS was awarded ISO 9001:2008 accreditation for a further 3 years.
- The PDL Monitored Professional Development Scheme (MPDS) is awarded IMechE accreditation. The accreditation of the MPDS scheme by the IMechE is an integral part of the strategic intent to ensure that all PDL engineers have the opportunity to achieve Chartered Engineer (CEng) status in robust and timely manner.
- 2010 was a record year. Financial results for the year ending May 2010 show a 40% increase in turnover. With a strong forward order book and increased engineering capacity, further growth in sales and net profit will be seen in 2011.
- PDL win Technip order. PDL engineers to provide advanced non-linear FEA engineering support to the DUCO engineering team on a subsea umbilical end fitting development programme.
- PDL awarded a significant Tenaris Contract. PDL engineers to provide complementary finite element analysis support to the Tenaris engineering teams in Milan and Houston on the Hydril 563 Connector certification programme.
- PDL joins the FPAL supplier database. The move is in preparation for an approach to a number of the leading prime oil and gas EPC contractors in 2011, where FPAL registration is a pre-requisite requirement of their vendor assessment and vendor approval process.
- PDL attend the Subsea 2011 conference and exhibition at the AECC in Aberdeen to hear of the future subsea work plans from Shell, BP and Statoil and to gain an insight into the new and emerging technologies that are being developed to validate the structural integrity of new and aged subsea assets.
- PDL wins a significant BEL Valves order. PDL engineers to provide advanced FEA support to the BEL Valves engineering team on a fast track subsea valve qualification programme of work.
- PDL joins DECOM North Sea as part of their strategy to align their significant nuclear decommissioning and subsea engineering experience to the emerging decommissioning activities on aging oil and gas production assets on the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS).
- PDL awarded a further FMC Technologies contract. PDL engineers to provide advanced FEA support to the FMC Technologies engineering team on the Total E&P Tormore and Laggan field development project.
- The PDL expansion continues. Daniel Ferrol joins the PDL engineering team in the role of Structural Engineer.
- PDL wins NP Aerospace contract. PDL engineers to provide advanced composite finite element analysis support to the NP Aerospace engineering team throughout 2011.